I’m just 7 posts old and I’m so happy with the overwhelming support I’ve received from the blogging community. Thank you to everyone who follows, likes posts, leaves comments, and sends words of encouragement! I really appreciate it.
I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by AutumnChocolateBooks from I Saw, I Thought, I Wrote. Thank you so much!
After doing a little research, I’ve found out that Liebster is of German origin that means “dearest” or “sweetest”. Liebster award is given to new bloggers to provide more exposure and get more support from the blogging community. This is also a fun way to discover new blogs. It has the same principles of chain mails. There are a lot of versions out there but the official rules when you choose to accept the nomination is to give eleven facts about yourself and answer questions sent by the person who nominated you for the said award. Then, discover five new bloggers with quality content that you want to be recognized as well and nominate them.
Eleven facts about me
- Pepsi > Coke
- My first love is Jollibee.
- I love cheese.
- I used to have this sick habit of scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed for hours. I won’t stop until I saw the last post when I logged out.
- My mom wrote UP Cebu in my UPCAT application form as a joke.
- I went to UP Cebu by myself to enroll.
- I learned how to speak Bisaya. Gamay ra.
- Second year, second sem. I woke up around 1 am and found a stranger under my bed. I didn’t shout. I told him, in a very calm manner, to get the fuck out of my room. He did a sort of military crawl and went out.
- I decided to transfer to UP Diliman.
- I applied in two university-wide organizations.
- After 5 years, I’m finally graduating.
11 questions sent by AutumnChocolateBooks:
What is your best childhood memory?
I recently wrote about my best childhood memory in Simplicity: Salads and Piggy-back Rides as part of the daily post one-word prompt challenge.
What do you feel most proud of?
Standing up for what is right.
What is your favorite music?
Depends on my mood. I usually listen to songs played in my favorite movies.
What is your dream place and why?
Night sky in Alaska, Photo from Wonderslist
Somewhere in Fairbanks, Alaska, USA. Why? Aurora, Aurora, and Aurora. Plus,the Simpsons family went to Alaska when they wanted a fresh start.
What teacher in school made the most impact on you and why?
When I was in high school, I remember teachers requiring students to buy workbooks. I don’t want to ask my parents for money because it’s too expensive. Those overpriced books were not even used the whole year so I think it is not necessary to buy one. I tried to negotiate with my teachers. I asked if I could just copy the questions from the workbook in a notebook, at least a day before the topic will be lectured. Most of them told me that I would get a lower grade than my classmates who bought the workbooks. That, I didn’t mind so much. But one teacher told me that I shouldn’t go to school if my parents are not willing to spend money.
My physics teacher was the only one in school who did not require his students to buy workbooks. Thank you Sir Zamora!
How do you spend your free time?
I love walking around campus, people-watching, surfing Youtube videos, and watching movies. I think I just described my dream date. But free time and going on dates is kind of the same thing. You just have someone to spend time with.
What are your top three favorite books and why?
Who Put That Hair In My Toothbrush – Someone gave it to me when I was studying in Cebu. This book cured my homesickness.
Lovely Bones – I still get nightmares when I read lines from that book before I go to bed. Chills.
Help – I think and act just like Minny.
What is your biggest fear?
To die without purpose.
What is your strongest personal quality?
I’m desperate when I’m sure that I want something or someone.
If you could witness any event of past, present or future, what would it be?
Will I be invisible? I want to see who is behind all the unsolved murders in history.
What does a perfect day look like to you?
No matter how beautiful or shitty, as long as my day ends with loved ones just talking in the living room without fighting, it seems like a perfect day to me.
My five nominees are some of my favorite bloggers that I followed recently:
Here are the questions, I can’t wait to read your responses! Thank you very much! 🙂
- What is commitment for you?
- What is your biggest fear?
- If any Hollywood star, dead or alive, could play you in a movie of your life, who would it be?
- How do you keep your content original and interesting?
- What’s your favorite non-blog website?
- Would you still blog if you knew nobody was going to read it?
- Why did you first start your blog, and is it the same thing that keeps you writing it now?
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- What was the last film you saw?
- What childhood toy do you still keep?
- What is the scariest thing you have experienced?